sugarapplesweet asked: 27, 34, and 36!
27:Which anime character are you most like?
As much as romantic plots tend to bore me to death, Host Club will always have a special place in my mind. But there was one character that too much screen time, and at the same time, not nearly enough at all.
Renge Houshakuji was annoying, intrusive, loud, opinionated, and I hated how much I could see myself in her. And loved it at the same time. She treated all the attractive characters just like I would have, without any of that silly ‘falling in true love’ junk. She was a visual novel game junky and abused her power for the greater good. Just… friggin Renge man.
34:Have you ever watched an anime only because you liked a specific character?
Aw geeze. This is a tough one. But if I had to pick it’d be TK from Angel Beats.
Confused? Good. Because thats literally his only personality trait. The anime was okay, worth the watch for sure, but TK. TK. TK man. He was just the most random, glorious bastard ever.
36:In your opinion, what makes a good anime?
Plot and interesting characters. First episode needs to grab me, and make me want to see how it all ends without making it all seem like a chore.
Chaos Brain, Rosario Vampire, Vampire Bund, Madoka Magica, and Shiki are all anime’s that held various plot elements or characters that would of been perfect for me. But because they fail in either pacing, explaining what the f*ck is going on, character development, it doesn’t matter what they got right anymore.
I love gore. I love tragedy. I love violence. But just if I’m asking ‘why’ more often than I am just enjoying myself, I’ll get frustrated very quickly.
Host Club, Barefoot Gen, Beauty Pop (not a anime but a manga) and Yakitate are all animes that by all rights should be completely uninteresting to me.
But because they showed what they had to offer so well, then I start to get engrossed. Yes, I would like to see fifty episodes about a guy making bread. Please, more of this girl cutting hair. More of this tragic story of a little girl withering away! God damned rich people, fine, give it here.
40 Anime questions:
- 1: What is your #1 favorite anime?
- 2: Has an anime ever made you cry?
- 3: Which anime made you laugh the hardest?
- 4: If you could make a spin-off of any anime, what would it be?
- 5: List your top  anime's
- 6: List your top  anime OSTs
- 7: Have you ever watched an entire anime in one sitting?
- 8: Who is your favorite anime character?
- 9: Name an anime character you absolutely hate
- 10: Which  animes would you most recommend?
- 11: What is your favorite 'moe' anime?
- 12: What is your favorite romance anime?
- 13: What is your favorite comedy anime?
- 14: What is your favorite action anime?
- 15: What is your favorite harem anime?
- 16: What is your favorite ecchi anime?
- 17: What is your favorite mech anime?
- 18: What is your favorite drama anime?
- 19: What is your favorite slice of life anime?
- 20: What is your favorite adventure anime?
- 21: What is the first anime you ever saw?
- 22: You get to have a harem of  anime characters of your choice, who do you choose?
- 23: What is the most times you've re-watched an anime?
- 24: Name  anime you wish everyone would watch
- 25: What is an anime you regret watching?
- 26: You get to have  anime character as your waifu/husbando in real life, who do you choose?
- 27: Which anime character are you most like?
- 28: Do you watch a new anime because you think it will be good, or because its popular?
- 29: Has an anime's fanbase ever made you hesitant to watch an anime?
- 30: How many anime episodes is 'ideal' for you?
- 31: Have you ever watched an anime with over  episodes?
- 32: If you could make a game for an anime of your choice, what would it be and why?
- 33: Would you ever watch an anime with over  episodes?
- 34: Have you ever watched an anime only because you liked a specific character?
- 35: Have you ever dropped an anime, if so why?
- 36: In your opinion, what makes a good anime?
- 37: Name a popular anime you love
- 38: Name a popular anime you hate
- 39: Is there an anime you wish was more popular?
- 40: Thoughts on live-action adaptations?
Friendly reminder that Dia de Los Muertos is pretty much a funeral, and the dead being represented in the holiday are actual dead people who had families and friends and hopes and dreams. So just as you wouldn’t throw on black clothes and join a group of mourners because they look so fashionable in black, you shouldn’t paint your face and put marigolds in your hair and make altars because it looks cool to you. Thank.
However, if you truly do wish to pay your respects to loved ones, there is no one stopping you from making an altar of your own. Just be aware of why you’re doing it and for whom.
I always regret not going to the events they had in Grand Rapids for the holiday as I’d really like to learn more about it in practice.
…My mother is Mexican. Literally 98% of my family is still in Mexico. From how I was raised and taught about the holiday, yes, it’s about paying respect to the dead but also to celebrate life.
If Day of the Dead was nothing but just ‘a funeral’ there would be no festivals, candy skulls made specially for anyone with a sweet tooth, and face painting. (Unless you think Mexicans do that at actual funerals)
Pay your respects, celebrate your life and rejoice in the happy memories you shared with your loved ones. And if you have no grave to visit, you’re welcomed to join the party anyways.